In February, public health nurses from the Lorain County General Health District are coming to a location near you to provide blood pressure screenings and to explain how to get an at-home blood pressure cuff at no cost. These sessions are for all Lorain County adults ages 55+ and will cover a different health focus each month. Nurses will also help to answer health questions and concerns.
February’s adult health wellness checks are at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and 2:00 PM at the following locations:
- Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington on February 2 and 16
- Old Stone Church, 553 South Main St., Amherst on February 3 and 17
- Oberlin Senior Center, 90 East College St., Oberlin on February 6 and 27
- Sugar Ridge Baptist Church, 36600 Sugar Ridge Rd., North Ridgeville on February 8
- Sheffield Township Church of Christ, 5075 Toledo Rd., Lorain on February 1
- Sheffield Lake Community Center, 4575 East Lake Rd. (9:00 and 11:00 AM sessions only) on February 7
- Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon on February 10 and 24
- North Eaton Christian Church, 35895 East Royalton Rd., Grafton on February 13
Walk-ins welcome. Adult wellness sessions are no-cost. All adults ages 55 and up are invited to attend.
To connect community members to this service, please feel free to share the nearest site location with your residents. Also attached is a ready-to-go image for use in your newsletter, website, or via social media.
Thank you for helping to share resources with everyone who calls Lorain County home.